Sunday, May 20, 2012

Il giardino cresce... The garden grows...


The garden seems to grow right before your eyes this time of year.  I am especially excited about my pumpkins.  This year,  i've started  them earlier than I usually do ( we can do this in San Diego)  and they are growing well so far... As my friends and family know,  I have LOTS of trouble growing pumpkins,  and I don't know why.  One of my best friends ,  Jody from Rooted in Thyme always encourages me,  but SHE grows the most beautiful pumpkins in all the land!  Ha ha,  I will keep trying...


This pumpkin is resting nicely in a little bird bath,  but I will need to  move it before it gets too big  (hopefully it will get too big)...





The Elephant Garlic flowers are huge...  this one  will be completely open soon...


As a day of gardening was winding down,  Jim sat looking at the fountain area and said that he thought that the Zucchini plants had grown more as he watched...


  I love seeing things fill in where I had not even remembered planting them...




This "Red Masterpiece " rose looks just like velvet...

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden you have! It's amazing how everything has filled in and color is everywhere. I love visiting and getting inspired, my dear friend.
    Can't wait to see your pumpkin patch this year. It will be awesome...

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't often have the time to look at your blog but when I do I am so filled with the desire to plant, grow and create. Nothing is more beautiful than nature and being nurtured by someone who truly and deeply cares for all living things. My hydrangea gets bluer every year and I do nothing! I now know that the time has come when I can remove the birds and place my shells in jars!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see, I'd love to know…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...