Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Patate fritte alla salvia... Sage fries...


 Who doesn't love fried anything?  The truth is,  I adore it.  I try not to make fried food very often,  but sometimes I just can't help myself.  One of  my favorite fried morsels are  Patate Fritte alla Salvia,   or Sage Fries.  My family in Italy makes them all the time , ( and they aren't fat).  Portion control I suppose ... which is difficult when things taste so good.  Anyway,  frying the potatoes in olive oil makes it healthy,  right?  So to make these simple but delicious goodies , simply fry the sage along with the potatoes until they are golden,  then sprinkle  with some  nice coarse Kosher or Grey Salt.   The way the sage flavors  the potatoes is beautiful ...  Mangia... Eat...













2 comments:

  1. I do hope there's more where that came from! :)
    I've never heard of sage fries until now guess what I'll be doing? Gorgeous visual...
    Hugs Rosemary...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, my Mom always fried our potatoes in olive oil, of course.....in a heavy black, well seasoned cast iron frying pan....I must try the addition of the sage, sounds delicious! Another mouth watering post! N.xo

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see, I'd love to know…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...