Friday, February 7, 2014

Una Torta Per Edy… A Cake for Edy…

Somehow,  Edy's Birthday seems to go by without being celebrated the way  that it should be…being that it happens during a very busy time at the restaurant.  So…  better late than never…I decided to make the Birthday Cake that she didn't get on her special day, and surprised her with it when we went up to the restaurant .  A simple,   feminine cake seemed right for being so close to Valentine's Day.  Red Velvet,  Creamy White Frosting , and Delicate Dried Roses which had been hanging in my kitchen…Shades of Pale Pinks,  and Creamy Whites gave the cake a Vintage Look , which Edy loves…









10 comments:

  1. This is absolutely dreamy Mary! and it looks so yummy too.
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Mary... that is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen!... I love the roses on it... and the vintage look as well... and red velvet cake is my most favorite of all... much love, xoxo Julie Marie PS Happy Birthday to Edy!...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary é strepitosa!!!! Ma che brava sei stata! Vorrei pure io una torta così per il mio compleanno!! Troppo bella!
    Un abbraccio,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. In genere non amo le torte troppo elaborate. Ma non ho mai visto una torta più bella in vita mia. Edy è proprio fortunata!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - does that ever look beautiful and I bet it is delicious too. I am sure she loved it. Have a wonderful week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I can't believe you made this! I love red velvet cake. Remember I told you that Nel had three tiers on her wedding cake? Well, one was amaretto and one was red velvet (not sure what the other one was). Red Velvet cake is so yummy. The decorative white frosting and dried roses on it looks simply beautiful.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. This must be one of the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen! Edy is a lucky girl! I wish I could have a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, your cakes are like no other. Each one is a work of art and a labor of love.
    Happy Weekend!
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Is this not a beautiful Torta! You have given me an idea to make one, but a fake one to put on a fabulous plateau that I have! There are so many possible ideas, aren't there? Thank you Mary, for coming to visit today!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Non ci credo... una torta shabby chic!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastica!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see, I'd love to know…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...