Monday, April 22, 2013

Una Bella Torta Per Una Bella Sorella... A Pretty Cake For A Pretty Sister...

We celebrated Anna's Birthday with a family dinner.  The cake was pretty and sweet,  just like Anna. I decorated in soft colors that matched the cake,  and a sweet bird theme,  because Anna likes birds.  The cake was surrounded in  handmade decorations resembling  Ribbon Pinwheels  which I made  using Gum Paste,  and placed a White Chocolate Vintage  Button  in the center.   I lightly painted the Pinwheels and Buttons using  pastel Luster Dust and Edible Glitter We definitely like things to sparkle around here... Nicola's birthday was last week so we celebrated him too,  but the girls always get top billing,  because the boys don't care about their birthday's the way we girls do  : ) .  We had a great time ...





















8 comments:

  1. Absolutely exquisite Mary!... love seeing the birthday photos too... so much fun!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely family, Mary.
    Your cake is beautiful! I may try my hand with gum paste for a Mother's Day cake! I thank you for inspiring me to try!
    ~withLove

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..bella e buona!!! e che bella famiglia,complimenti!
    Ciao Lieta

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the prettiest cakes, Mary. And I love the black and white design on the plates. The centerpiece with the birds looks so lovely, and the cake looks delicious. What a sweet family you have.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cake! Looks like a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. carissima Mary ,che eleganza la tua creazione ,complimente una famiglia bellissima....un abbraccio grande.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never did learn how to use gum paste when I was making cakes. It seems to be such a fabulous way to create dimension and decoration. Your cake is lovely and I know how thrilled your daughter was to receive such a gift from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Da vero una bellissima torta ; sua sorella é fortunata !

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see, I'd love to know…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...