Saturday, January 13, 2018

A New Year...Un Nuovo Anno...

 I always love that feeling that the New Year brings.  Putting away Christmas and refreshing the decor.  Our weather is such that almost immediately in the New Year,  I am thinking of springtime... Gardening a lot more and cooking lighter foods.  When most of the country is thick in the middle of winter,  I am planting sweet peas... so fortunate for this weather...but I often wish we had four seasons... we have one!  On this lovely rainy day however,  I enjoyed cooking hearty foods,  and I was in the kitchen all day... I didn't have time to make a Panettone before Christmas,  but I did it anyway.  I also made a Savory Butternut and sage Tart,  Corzetti Pasta,  and an Olive and Herb Fougasse.  In the Kitchen... happy as can be!


1 comment:

  1. It must be comforting to cook on a rainy day, Mary. It's been raining here too. Your food looks wonderful, and I can just taste that last one, Yummy. I love how you not only make terrific dishes, but you use so many unique kitchen tools in the making.

    I look forward to seeing your garden this year. It's the one thing that I really miss, but I often go to the rose garden in my town to get my fill. ; )

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see, I'd love to know…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...