Monday, July 16, 2018

Pasta Fresca... Fresh Pasta...

It is no secret to anyone who knows me that I love food... beautiful food, well made food, and also beautifully embellished food. Being inspired to create something new, or just changing things up a bit is my passion.  Sharing food with friends and family is something that makes me very happy.  I have no issue with spending hours in the kitchen and on this day, I decided to  add herbs to my pasta.  I don't do this every time that I make pasta,  it is much more time consuming, but when I want that extra wow factor,  it is what I do. This is a typical Egg and Flour Pasta which I start the traditional way, but, when rolling the dough, I add freshly snipped herbs between two sheets of pasta and roll. I love seeing how the shapes of the different Herbs change when they are pressed between the Pasta Sheets. I used various herbs which I have growing in my potted garden. Tender Herbs like Sweet Basil and Purple Basil, Arugula, French Sorrel, and Italian Parsley all work well.  The resulting pasta is spectacular  with a lovely mild herbal flavor.  In order not to overwhelm the mild flavor of the herbs, I like to make a simple sauce of just Olive Oil,  Romano Cheese, and fresh cracked pepper over the top...

3 comments:

  1. That is an interesting process, Mary. How nice to have fresh herbs on hand from your potted garden. The finished dish looks Yummy as ever. I hope you are staying cool during these California summers. It's been so hot lately.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see, I'd love to know…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...